Sodas of the World
It's easy to talk about foods of the world and overlook the variety of drinks that are out there.
Personally, I'm not much for drinking alcohol, but I like a lot of different soda pop from all kinds of places. Here's my top 5:
Top 5 Soda Pops from Around the World
1) Ting- A Jamaican soda that tastes a lot like fizzy grapefruit juice. Similar to Fresca, a friend tells me.
2) Orangina- More genuinely orange flavoured than those crazy neon orange pops found in America, Orangina comes from Italy and has real orange pulp in it too. Kids, you might be able to convince your mom that it's healthy, like juice!
3) Mitsui Water- From Japan, Mitsui water sounds like something that you might put into a car, but don't-- it's a tasty variation of Sprite/7-Up: A bit lemon-limey, and clear, but slightly different. Yum!
4) Cream Soda- I prefer it white these days, but the pink one does bring me back to my childhood. It seems to be found in British commonwealth countries and America.
5) Ginger Beer- With more of a gingery kick than ginger ale, ginger beer's got the edge. Hailing from England, it's easy to find across SE Asia too. Probably because they know of the healing properties of ginger.
So... anything you like that I missed?