The most expensive dinner in the world?
How much would you pay for a nice dinner? How about a really nice dinner? How about a dinner cooked by 6 3-star Michelin chefs from around the world?
15 people are spending a million Thai Baht ($35,000USD) for such a meal. I was happy to hear that the money will be going to charity (a good one too- Medicins sans Frontiers/Doctors without Borders), but others seemed to think it was an unnecessary extravagance. Here's the menu for the 11 course meal:
1) Creme brulee of foie gras with Tonga beans 1990 Louis Roederer Cristal
2) Tartar of Kobe beef with Imperial Beluga caviar and Belon oyster 1995 Krug Clos du Mesnil
3) Mousseline of "pattes rouges" crayfish with morel infusion 2000 Corton Charlemagne
4) "Tarte Fine" with scallops and black truffle 1996 Le Montrachet
5) Britanny lobster "Osso Bucco"1985 Romanee Conti
6) Risotto with white Alba truffles "Enoteca Pinchiorri" 1961 Chateau Palmer
7) Saddle of lamb "Leonel" 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild
8) Sorbet "Dom Perignon"
9) Supreme of pigeon en croute with Perigord truffles 1961 Chateau Haut Brion
10) 1955 Chateau LatourSelection of fine cheeses
11) Imperial gingerbread pyramid with caramel and salted butter ice-cream 1967 Chateau d'Yquem
I have to say that the wine pairings sound amazing, but for me, truth be told, I'm not much into eating things like pigeon or scallops. I don't even like caviar or lobster, really, so such a meal would be mostly wasted on me (or slipped onto my husband's plate when no one's looking).
That said, dessert sounds amazing.
If you could have a million dollar dinner, what would be served at it?