The Food Virgin Blog

The Food Virgin is the home of The Food Virgin articles and podcasts, providing everything you need to know to eat any cuisine. With advice covering what to expect, what to order, what the food is like and how to eat it, The Food Virgin provides answers for people who are trying a new cuisine for the first time, as well as experienced diners who want to eat like the experts.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

What's on your french fries?

OK, so I was in the Bahamas this week, and excited about trying new food. At one restaurant, I ordered their grouper and fries. When the food came, the waitress asked me, "Do you want mango ketchup with that?" Frankly, it sounded a bit weird, but knowing that I like mango chutney on Indian pappadums, I said, "Sure!"

Well, what came out was golden colored with specks, and pretty runny. I dipped a fry into a pool I'd created on my plate and popped it in my mouth. It was sweet and cinnamon tasting, like a dessert! Very odd.

Watch this space for a report on mango chutney that I bought at a Bahamian general store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home